Chinese New Year Dishes
This fresh and crunchy Waldorf salad is loaded with apples, celery and walnuts. It’s a delicious wintry side dish and really easy to make.
Slice off peel of root celery. Grate root celery and apples using the large holes of a box grater.
- knife, cutting board , box grater
- 8.8 oz root celery, 8.8 oz apples
Transfer to a large bowl. Add lemon juice, crème fraiche and walnuts into the bowl.
- large bowl, cooking spoon, citrus press
- 2.7 tbsp lemon juice, 2.8 oz crème fraiche, 3 1/2 oz walnuts
Season to taste with sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- sugar, salt, pepper
Roughly chop parsley. Halve grapes and cut celery stalks into fine slices.
- cutting board, knife
- 0.7 oz parsley, 5.3 oz grapes, 5.3 oz celery stalks
Add chopped parsley, grapes and celery slices to the salad. Stir to combine. Enjoy with fresh parsley leaves and ground pepper.
- cooking spoon